October is Free Will Month
Here at Murray Hills Solicitors we know that 2020 has been a very difficult year so far for many people and charities, with that in mind we are very happy to announce that we are participating in Free Will Month to provide anyone aged 55 and over the opportunity to make their Will for free whilst also helping a nominated charity at the same time.
A Will is an important little document which ensures your wishes are known, your estate goes to the people you want it to and not to those you do not and avoids difficult decisions and legal complications for your loved ones.
Murray Hills have been part of these events in the past with great success for everyone involved, from helping the local community make the Will they need to raising money for charity at the same time, but this year it is a little different. For 2020 we have put many Covid-19 procedures in place to make the office as Covid secure as possible to keep you and our staff safe. These include floor markers to ensure a 2 meter distance, hand sanitizing stations, screens and masks as well as an appointment only operating system. Meaning that we can only see you by appointment, this enables us to ensure all areas are sanitized and ready before the next appointment and we are sure that you will understand that all these measures are in place to keep you and our staff as safe as possible while offering our usual outstanding client care and services.
Rowan Jenner, trainee Solicitor at Murray Hills says
“We are taking part in October Free Will month this year to show our appreciation and gratitude for our existing clients continued support. We would like to extend the invitation to new clients and provide them with the opportunity of writing their Wills whilst also supporting a range of worthy charities”
What does Free Will Month mean for you?
• The Will does not cost you anything to make, all we ask is that you leave a gift in your Will to one of the nominated charities, this can be a sum of money, a percentage of your estate or specific gifts. There is no required minimum donation it is up to you and of course is not paid out during your lifetime, but everything will be explained and any questions you have answered at your appointment. A gift in your Will costs you nothing now but can make a difference to the charity you choose for years to come.
• The event covers a basic Single Will or basic Mirror Will but our expert team will talk you though what this means at your appointment.
• You must be aged 55 or over to qualify for the Free Will event.
• This years participating charities are :- Age UK, Marie Curie, Royal British Legion, Stroke Association, British Heart Foundation, Blue Cross, Breast Cancer Now, Glaucoma UK, RNLI, Guide Dogs for the Blind, Diabetes UK and The Salvation Army meaning that there are plenty of wonderful charities for you to choose from.
• The event starts on the 1st October 2020 and the number of appointments available is limited, this is because the scheme only provides a limited number of forms so we would suggest that you call the office to arrange your appointment as soon as possible ready for the event starting in October.
We hope that in these uncertain times that a free service such as this offers you a little reassurance and comfort knowing that you have this part of your future arrange and organised.
To make your appointment at our Bridlington office please call 01262 672249.
You can also find out more about our other services on our website www.murrayhillssolicitors.co.uk